Wednesday, January 14, 2009

To Explain to a 3 1/2 year old..

For some reason Mari couldn't wrap her cute lil head around that a grandma is a mom. It's funny because she knows who my mom is and Sean's mom, but she won't accept that they are both mom's and grandma's.
The other day when I had my dr.'s appointment, Mari decided she wanted to come with me to the bathroom. (Which isn't my favorite thing to do, but oh well.) So, we are in the bathroom and I'm putting my name on the cup that I have to pee in. (oh yes, the joys of pregnancy.) And she says, "Why are you writing on the cup?" I say something about how I need to and then proceed to pee. That's when things got really interesting because she's then saying, "Why are you peeing in a cup? Is someone going to drink that? Mommy, why are you doing that?" Questions, questions!! And you know people can hear her talking because it's not like bathrooms are sound proof. It was a joy to explain peeing in a cup to her and that cups can be used for other things.

5 comments:

The Paytons said...

I love Mari! She is so funny! I can't wait till Isaac starts talking...haha!

Rosie said...

That is so funny! She is so cute. I love the pictures of her down below. She is totally going to be a super model someday.

Kimmie said...

oh the joy! She is too funny! I love it!

Margie said...

Oh how funny. I love kids and there questions.

Angela said...

LOL! Now just wait until you get to explain breastfeeding.