Sunday, June 6, 2010
Mommy Time-out
My friend, Sami, has recently told me about mommy time-out. We enjoyed a mommy time-out together. Let me give you the setting and explain this concept. Sami and I had been having one of those onery days. Kids are crazy, house is a mess. Our families got together that night...that equals 4 adults, 2 children and 2 babies. After we ate dinner we began talking about renting a movie and reserved one online at redbox. Then the question was asked, "Who is going to get the movie?" Within one second I said, "I will!" And Sami said, "I am coming with you." We grabbed the keys and flew out the door before anyone could stop us. The redbox was at a grocery store so we went inside to pick up some candy bars for ourselves and we were trying to be fast when the thought occurred to us, Why hurry? The kids are at home (hopefully) being supervised. We are so used to being in and out of a store fast so the kids won't get restless. So, we took our time picking out our favorite candy bars; ones that wouldn't make us too fat. We checked out and went to the car. We turned on the car and listened to music. And talked and laughed and vented some frustrations and ate our candy bars. We sat there in the parking lot for about 20 minutes before we realized that I bought something that was thawing out and needed to get home. And when we got there the boys had put the kids to bed and we were ready to watch our movie. Sami and I came back feeling refreshed and happy. Needless to say, mommy time-out is one of the greatest things. Ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's awesome! And it's even better that you had a friend with you.
Smart. It's funny how a half an hour of piece & quiet can rejuvanate you.
It really is the greatest thing ever. But I'm glad I remembered the cool whip. Sean would have been sad.
such a great idea! love it.
Post a Comment