Monday, May 11, 2009

Tabiona Time

On Friday I went with my sister and her kids out to Tabiona to see my Grandma for Mother's day. We had a really good time and the kids had fun. (Minus some bruises..more to come.)
Nathan, Spencer, Evie, Ruby and Mari
Here is the hill that we started to climb. We had the kids above, minus Evie and I had Mylee in the front pack. We started to go up this hill and then it plateaued. I decided to stop there because I had Mylee. Well, Ange decided to keep going and had Spencer and Mari in hand. Ruby and Nathan had just climbed up the hill super fast. Ange had slipped at bit and Spencer and Mari went down. We decided we should stop and come back down. She brought back Spence/Mari to sit (and they did soo good.) Meanwhile, she went back up the hill to grab Nathan and Ruby. It was bad news. The dirt didn't give at all and the rocks gave WAY to much. She couldn't get up, so I said come take Mylee and I will try. I'm shorter and have a lower center of gravity. Ange took Mylee and up I went. And I got about as far as she did and stopped. There was no way I getting up there without seriously injuring myself. Somehow, Ruby and Nathan we able to make their way down without too much injury. It was quite a sight to see I'm sure. But, we all made down whole, thank goodness!

2 comments:

mirsh said...

Great memories with the kids!

Kimmie said...

I have plenty of memories up in those hills...isn't it fun your kids are getting them too? even if they are kinda scarey??