Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ear Piercing

Guess who got her ears pierced? We were at the mall last night walking around, trying to put me into labor, when we stopped at Claire's. Mari has been talking about wanted to get her ears pierced for awhile, so we thought we would show her where to get them done. She chickened out. We went to another store and then she said she would do it. So, we went back. We told the girl that we weren't sure if it would really happen, but we would try. And try we did! She will tell you that the girl counted to three and then poked her ear. She cried. And then they did the other one. More tears!! I quickly grabbed the mirror for her to see and she stopped crying and was just in awe of them. No more tears after that. We got home and she was just giddy about her new earrings. She kept looking in the mirror and saying how she likes them. She still doesn't get that she has to wear them for awhile. I didn't prep her that well for that part. Anyway, it was really fun to do this last night!
This is next day. Her ears don't look red anymore.

Last night after we got home. Happy girl!

Showing us her earring.

7 comments:

Krystal said...

So I know you are super busy with the new baby coming. Good luck with putting yourself in labor. I tried EVERYTHING and nothing ever happened. Then I went to sleep one night and woke up with the worst pain of my life! Anyway, I want to pierce Bri's ears and want to know how Claire's did. They look adorable! Were they good with Mari though?

kennan said...

gorge!!!!! love it, obviously, grets ears were pierced at 3 months. i hope you are having your baby right now!

Rhiannon said...

Awe!!! That is so cute! Good timing too! Im sure now that she's big enough for pierced ears, she will be a GREAT big sister!

Angela said...

So pretty Mari!

Rosie said...

Mari is soooo cute with her new earrings. Isaiah was looking at your blog with me and saying how cute she is too. Hope your new baby comes soon!!

Stacey said...

Too cute!

The Chezik Family said...

Congrats to Mari for the earrings, and you for having a baby!! I can't wait to meet her!