Monday, September 22, 2008
The argument
Have any of you had a hard time trying to come to a compromise in your marriages or friendships? Well, recently, my husband and I are! It's not that big of a deal and that's why I am asking my blogging friends to help us! Here's the argument: In the next month we will have our ultrasound for our baby. (Very exciting!) Sean wants to know the sex of the baby, while I would rather wait until the baby is born. I wanted to get your opinnions on what you would do. Have a GREAT day everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I think that you should find out. It is a surprise then, just as much as when the baby is born. Plus you need to find out what to buy. And you need to get Tamari ready and prepared to welcome a new brother or sister- I would also recommend on choosing a name and getting Tamari used to it.
I think you know my answer...and your husband is right.
Honestly opinion......I agree with your husband. I think once you have a boy and a girl THEN you can "wait" to find out but until then I think it's a good idea to find out when you can.
I go back and forth cause there are good reasons for both arguments but I think since you have to carry the baby and go through all the pains and discomforts then you should get more of a say
If it were me, I am so not patient enough to not find out, but I think it's totally up to you guys. Sorry, that wasn't really much help. :) Oh, also I think I might steal a pic or 2 from your parent's blog for my post about this weekend. And, I can't wait to see the cute pics of Cohen & Tamari!
I found out with both of my girls and I think that is just because I am such a planner that I think about things much too early in advance. So I think I will always find out.
But I have a good friend that both of her children's gender were a suprise and she said it is so exciting to see your baby for the first time when you don't know what gender it is and that it is also really fun to call and let everyone know. I think it would be really exciting not to know I just don't know if I could do it.
It was so cute seeing Tamari and Ruby(your niece) together yesterday. It is pretty obvious they love each other. Tamari was completely wrapped around her. She is so cute. Also tell her thanks for sharing her Belle barbie with my Ruby two weeks ago. She had fun dancing with her.
Thanks! I made them, my sister had the pattern and help me make one set for the girls and then I made another. They were a cinch, and that is saying something since I don't really feel that I am a master of the sewing machine. She got the pattern at Quilts Ect. They are Bananfana designs.
Okay, so I was thinking that you can always not find out with the next baby! What an idea! No, I respect whatever you decide. Just think how excited Tamari will be to tell everyone about her little sister Miley! Because we both know it's a girl. :)
I always thought that until I had bot ha girl and a boy, I would find out the sex early just so I'd know I'd be prepared. But it's always exciting not to know. Let me know what you decide!
Congrats on your pregnancy!!! That is a tough decision, one you can't really compromise. Everyone above has some good points on both sides. I've considered myself the same question when I do eventually have kids. I've often thought how exciting it would be to find out when the baby is born whether it is a boy or a girl, plus nobody really does that anymore. However, I also thought that it would be harder to plan for the baby. Wouldn't it be much more exciting to buy clothes,etc if you knew it was a boy or a girl beforehand? But if you really want it to be a surprise that bad, then do it. I'm not sure if you found out when you had Tamari, but if you knew she was a girl, then I think you should have more of a say in this next baby being a surprise. However, if you didn't know if Tamari would be a boy or a girl, then you should probably find out the sex of this baby, if it comes down to being fair. Let me know what you guys decide! Good luck :)
If it were me I would find out. Since my hubby really wants a boy. But there is something exciting about finding out right when you give birth. I just couldn't wait that long.
Super big props to you if you decide to wait. There is no way I'd be able to stand waiting if it were me! Isn't it weird to think that when our parents had us they didn't have ultra sounds to tell them? Yeah, we're that old.
Post a Comment