Monday, December 13, 2010

Pills

This weekend I got sick. Luckily Sean was here all weekend to help take care of me and the girls. I have had a lot of symptoms from coughing up mucus, feeling achy, coughing and stuffy nose. So, last night I looked into my medicine cabinet to decide what I needed to take to combat all these symptoms. It was overwhelming to say the least. So, I called Ryan, 'The Pharmacist.' (That's how my brother answers the phone while he's at work..."Hello, this is Ryan the Pharmacist, How may I help you......") So, we go through my list about the red pills to the ibuprofen, etc. I take my pills and go to bed. But, my nose it still stuffy!!! And as I am dozing off to sleep I recall Ryan and I's conversation about the medicine I took and the red pills I took. And I realized that instead of taking red pills, I took blue pills. But, I drifted off to sleep and had a hard time waking up today and making my daughters breakfast. I go to my medicine cabinet and pull out my nasal decongestant box and look inside and find red and blue pills. I pull out the blue pills and look on the back and it says Unisom. And I took 2 of those pills last night. I had a good laugh about my mistake, but I have been SO tired all day today.

6 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Hey! I was sick all weekend too! I swear mom's aren't suppose to get sick. That is a funny story about the pills. I have made a mistake like that before & ever since I try really hard to avoid sleeping pills. They really do make you so groggy!!! Well I hope you're feeling better.

Ariane said...

My prescription for the common cold is Tylenol and Mucinex with Decongestant. And if you're needing to sleep, take a Tylenol PM instead. It only knocks you out for a 8 hours, but man, you get a good nights sleep. Lovely mistake though.

Della Marie said...

Sounds like something from the Matrix...you know, red and blue pills? Sorry you aren't feeling well. Thanks for not being creeped out that I stalk your blog. You're girls are CUTE! That's all.

Kimmie said...

hey, maybe the sleep is what you needed after all! oh shoot!

Jefra said...

That was probably the best night sleep ever! I hope you are feeling better! I love that you can call Ryan for all your pharmacist needs.

Sami said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I so miss you!