Thursday, February 19, 2009

Umm..Advice?

I was wondering if anyone has any advice about making the transition to two kids? Lately, I've felt unprepared, but I'm just not sure on how to prepare. Does that make any sense?? I've been enjoying my life with Mari who comes in my room in the morning and watches TV until I'm ready to get out of bed. She is an awesome sleeper and is a really good girl who can play by herself while I get things done. I want my new baby to transition into my wonderful, easy life, but I know that that won't happen. So, does anyone have any advice?

8 comments:

Katie Stoddart said...

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Yes, your life will be completely different. You will be sleep deprived, Mari might get into trouble just to get you attention, but then you will have those precious times when everything is beautiful and perfect and that is when you know it is all worth it. Just make sure that Mari knows that things will be changing and maybe tell her a few of the things that will be different.
Also, when the baby is down for a nap and you really just want to crash in bed for a while- take that time to play with Mari, cuddle her, read her a story, color a picture with her. Just make sure there is time for just the 2 of you.
You will be just fine!

The Olsons said...

Don't worry about the little things they will get done eventualy, and don't be afraid to ask for help. We are only 7 weeks into this but since I had to have a c-section I have only been able to do alot of things for a week. Things get easier they already have for us. Good Luck!

Angela said...

I'm sure you've heard enough from me already. Call me if you feel overwhelmed. Know it will be different, but ultimately better. Also, I'm betting things will go more smoothly and naturally than you may expect.

Kimmie said...

Let's see what's my advice? Cut her nails, remove all nail polish and big wheels from the house. jk Just keep on loving little Mari face. She's a doll.

Margie said...

Life with two kids is sorry to say really hard in the beginning. You shouldn't worry about the house to much. Pick it up....but i would get some paper plates if you know what I mean. Just focus on the kids and there happiness for the first while. And make sure that you get a little time for you...NAP TIME. I make sure that both of my kids nap at the same time. So that way I get at least an hour to myself. That means not cleaning. I sit and relax. Sit on the floor and suck up those memories. Maybe get Mari and couple new toy (hide them) and when it feels like you don't have any more energy...get one out. That is a life saver! Good luck. You'll do great.

The Camacho Family said...

I was worried about that too last year how to go from twins to a third one. I was scared of how a new baby would fit into the routine and the elements of the family. I was also worried how Matthew and Ashleigh would react with be gone at the hospital for 4 days and coming home with a infant that would invade theor space.
The twins were thrown off by my being gone, but with help we tried to keep their schedule the same from the hospital and after we got home. There were still some hickups but Mari is older now then the twins were. Try to take some time everyday to be with just her so she knows that she is still a big part of your day along with the baby and get her involved (she will love it).

Anonymous said...

I think the best advice I could give you would be to make time for both of them. The baby will take a lot of time but make sure that you include Mari in the process, like having her help with things when you are with the baby. Life with two girls is so fun! It goes so fast, I am sniffling a little as I write this because as I think back I am wondering how the time went so fast and now Emma is 15 months. Enjoy every moment whether they are happy,sad, stressful. Just remember that you will never get this time back. It is such a good time. I know you will do really well. Such good times ahead! I am so excited for you!

Chrissy Beals said...

I say get a baby carrier. I would wear mine everywhere (It was a snugli and was like $30 at walmart). I would wear it at the store, cleaning the house, on walks. That way I could still do a lot with levi and feel like I was holding my baby...so there you go! I get #3 in a few months, and am totally perplexed what to do then!