Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Princess

This girl is my princess in many ways. But, lately it's more of the bratty princess. She's been in school for a few weeks. And for the most part likes it. She REALLY likes recess. She likes to walk home. She has her friends carry her backpack. I talked to her about it, but she still doesn't carry it. Then there's school. She came home yesterday with a progress report saying that she disturbs the class and other students because of her talking. Ah! When I imagined her going to Kindergarten I thought she would be a nice helper and a good listener. Like she was in preschool. I am completely lost on how to combat this princess attitude that she's adapted.

5 comments:

Rhiannon said...

oh wow! I can't help but laugh a little bit about the backpack part. Where the world does she come with this stuff? Good luck figuring it out. I have no ideas... I'm not there yet.

John William Stanton said...

That is freekin awesome! Why carry your own backpack when you can get someone else to do it for you? Sounds like she has some very valuable social skills at a young age. You should ask her to have the kids do the yard work too. Ok but seriously... if it were me I would probably ask her how it makes her feel when her friend carries her backpack for her. Then when she answers "good" I would ask if she would like to make her friends feel good like that. If yes, then you have an opportunity to teach about service and sharing. Maybe they can take turns.

John (yes I miss you guys so much I am commenting on a blog!)

Kimmie said...

oh heath, that picture you picked makes me laugh. Mars has been a princess since she was born. I just shake my head about the backpack. She's got some tude! I hate to say it but I think you and sean are a paying for your raising! however, she'll mellow out, I am sure. Her teachers and others aren't going to let her walk over them. you are doing good as her mom. love yer face.

Sami said...

Oh man, I miss you guys so much. Mari and her sass. I agree with John, though I wouldn't have thought of that. We should be grateful for our children with strong personalities, because they have a better chance of standing up for themselves when they are teenagers. Right? Love you!

mirsh said...

LOL! She has this girl thing figured out! She is a social Butterfly like her mommie and Daddie...What do you expect?
Love you all so much!